Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 9+10: First go at getting rid of wallpaper, the plumbers come and go.

I used the orbital sander on a patch in the bathroom, then poured boiling water over it.  Didn't help much.  I think that the sandpaper was too fine though, so will give this technique another go.

I heard nothing from the plumbers contracted by the electricians to install the ducting for the bathroom fan so called the electricians back.  The plumber made a date to come, then rang up at the last minute the day before and said that he would come now 'forgetting' his appointment for the next day.  He turned up, then said that someone should have told him about how steep the roof was.  He left, to return one day (it is unclear when, and of course they left no contact details).

I will not be using tradespeople who don't properly schedule appointments.  I'm flexible with my time at the moment, but will not always be.

On the positive side I was referred to a plasterer that scheduled a time to come and give me a quote.  He gave us good information on preparing the surface of the bathroom wall for plastering (oil based sealant).

No comments:

Post a Comment