Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 16: Sacking the subcontracted plumbers/ too many testpots

I've been waiting and waiting to hear back from the plumbers who the electricians arranged to put in our roof fan.  I've had great service from these electricians, and OK service this time.  Apparently though they never go ahead and arrange the plumber so I'm peeved with them about this.  I am more peeved though with Aquatic Plumbers, who go on my shit list.  Their communication skills are ridiculous and lacking. 

I appreciate the difficulties in timing when work when you are a tradesperson.  But treating other people's time as unimportant is not on.  Naughty tradespeople will:
  • Call/ text at the last minute and change to tomorrow
  • Call up and claim that another job has finished early so they could just pop by and fit you in now (I understand this as 'I know you are a stay at home mum and I assume you are at home all the time - you are not important enough to book in').
  • Treat stay at home mums as though they have all the time in the world.
If you don't want the work say so, if you do then act like it.

Rant over.

Hopefully my preferred and regular plumbers will be able to fit the roof fan later this week.  The bathroom has been plastered and we have painted over with the stinky oil based sealant.  For some reason though this came out leaving gross brush marks - so we have had to sand and wipe over the walls again.  Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment