Thursday, May 3, 2012

Days 19-30: Painting the lounge and kitchen

I swear I see Resene's Half Dutch White in my sleep.  It took a long to paint the lounge.  A really long time.  It would have been very quick if we had just done it all in a mega session but with children, busy lives and busy evenings it isn't that practical.  So I did a wall every time I could manage it.  The lounge was pretty straightforward, if a little boring.  I find the rollers really hard on my wrists so just use a brush (this of course takes a lot longer).

My commitment to perfect taping of the joinery and skirting boards waned rather rapidly.

The kitchen is tricky because there was years of grease to clean off the wallpaper.  We installed an extractor fan a couple of years ago but there is no space to duct it outside.  I used a lot of sugar soap, but also found baby wipes to be similarly effective.

The colour looks quite cold, even though it is a very warm creamy colour on the sample cards.  But that is mainly in comparison with the previous pale browny-white wallpaper.  It does look fresh and a lot more modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment